Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Fit Results: Bootcamp


I took my first bootcamp class with Lou when he was still at his old location on Dearborn.  Since then, he's moved into a new space conveniently located just a block from the Harrison Red Line stop. The new space is cozy, but just the right size for his small group classes which he caps at 16. Since September, I've been attending classes often five days a week, so I've seen lots of variety.

These classes will kick your booty. Lou likes to mix up cardio intervals (box jumps, block runs, burpees) with lots of strength exercises (pull ups, push ups, dead lifts, bicep curls).  He incorporates free weights (dumbells and kettlebells) with other equipment like TRX, band-assisted pull ups, and a variety of different sized boxes. Usually, class has 2-4 circuits, which he repeats 4 times with a blast in the middle which could be anything from a block run to pushup planks to leg lifts. That's not to say that workouts are the same every day. In fact in over 6 months of attending his classes I've never done the same workout twice. Although Lou goes through the stations really quickly, I think this saves time so you don't spend your whole workout watching him demonstrate - you're moving the whole time instead! Luckily he has lots of regulars always ready to help you if you're unfamiliar with an exercise.

Which brings me to my favorite thing about this gym, the sense of community. Lou teaches all of the classes and after meeting him once he remembers you. He calls you by name and walks around to make sure you're doing the exercises right (and push you when he knows you're being lazy!). Plus, you see the same faces every day. Everyone is super friendly and supportive of each other.

Although I'm still bouncing around from gym to gym right now, Fit-Results has definitely become my home gym. I love working out with Lou, who always keeps me working hard but also laughing, as well as the awesome people who work out at the gym. Since I started working out with Lou, I can tell I'm getting stronger and losing body fat. If you haven't been yet, you should definitely check it out!


Fit-Results
Trainer: Lou Centeno
Class: Bootcamp
Where: 620 S. Dearborn, Chicago, IL 60605
Website: http://www.fitresults.net/
Schedule: https://clients.mindbodyonline.com/classic/home?studioid=47573
Price: $70/mo (or $45 for your first month, first class is always free!)


0 comments:

Post a Comment